So, you want to go solo as a freelancer or consultant? No question about it, having passion and enthusiasm for your area of expertise is critical.
However, there are a few more skills you’ll need to master if you really want to make it as a freelancer or consultant. On Nov. 4, I’ll be teaching a class that gives you an overview of the tradecraft of being a successful solopreneur.
“Chapters” will include:
- The right way to quit your job
- Critical steps in setting up your new business
- Being comfortable being in business
- Designing a better business model
- How to position yourself in a crowded market
- Branding: thinking beyond your logo
- Creating a powerful sales pitch
- Considering your service/product mix
- Pricing your way to success
- How to do less of the stuff you hate (accounting)
- Building momentum through partnerships, alliances & joint ventures
This class is the first in a series. In follow-up classes, I will dive deeper into some particular areas, such as positioning and branding, successful proposal writing, how to raise your rates and how to expand your practice.